Decorating your home with stone veneer
September 23, 2017
Do you love stone accents but you’re not sure how to use them on your home? Stone veneer is a great way to spruce up an area of your home. Did you know stone veneer can be used both inside your home and on the exterior? It’s a versatile product, perfect for all projects.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR SEARCH FOR STONE VENEER
There are two types of veneer stone available: with mortar joints or without mortar joints. There is no better option, the choice depends entirely on personal preference!
As you can see in the images, the product with mortar joint has a large space between the stones. In contrast, the products with no mortar joints have no spaces between the pieces.
To facilitate installation, Rinox products with mortar joints are all manufactured with the patented “Linea system”. This means that each piece has a spacer directly on the stone, in order to allow a constant width for joints. The spacers must be applied one on top of the other in order to achieve the exact measure necessary to create the joints. The Linea system is perfect for a DIY project, since it virtually erases the possibility of a crooked installation. For more information on the patented linea system click here.
Read below for ideas on where you can use stone veneer in and around the house!
MASONRY STONE VENEER
First and foremost, stone veneer is ideal for the stone siding on the front of your home. Many people use it for a new construction project. However, it is also perfect for renovation projects! Choose the stone based on the architectural style of your home, and of course based on your personal preference.
Our most popular thin veneer stones for masonry stone siding are:
- Kenya stone – This versatile product with no mortar joints, is seen on modern homes just as much as it is on more traditional styles!
- Alfio stone – This thin veneer stone (with no mortar joint) is the ultimate modern product. It can completely transform the look of an older home!
Of course, any landscaping product would surely upgrade your backyard! However, few people know that you can use stone veneer in multiple areas outside. Match your masonry stone siding by adding thin veneer accents to your backyard. Say goodbye to boring and impress all your guests this summer season! Use stone veneer in your backyard with the following products:
Don’t let the fire be the only source of warmth in your living room! These are our best-selling products for a fireplace:
- Nora – The Nora stone is quickly becoming a client favorite. This modern, no mortar joint, stone veneer is perfect to add a touch of elegance to your living room fireplace.
What could be nicer than enhancing the style of your wine cellar with veneer stone? Make every time you reach for a bottle of wine feel like a mini getaway to the winery itself! Any veneer stone would look beautiful as the backdrop of a wine cellar but our most popular is the Violie stone .
Often there is one designated “stand out” wall in both the living room and the master bedroom. A wall that says, “I am meant to shine and be the first and only thing you notice when you walk in here”. That wall is most often painted in a bold color. What about replacing paint with a stone veneer product? It’ll add a pop of color, while also creating a warm and inviting atmosphere. Do so with:
- Sirenis stone – For a modern twist to a simple brick, use the Sirenis stone. This product, with mortar joint, has a light texture and is available in a variety of colors. It’s slightly larger than a traditional brick, therefore makes a statement in a room.
- Kenya stone – Keep it timeless with our dry stack (just another way of saying no mortar joint) Kenya stone. Try it out on your entrance staircase to give your home that wow factor as the first thing people see when coming in!